Thursday, October 13, 2011

We get the Best Mail.

We're all aglow.

Yes, veggies were grown. And eaten. And Shared. But....

When you turn green beans into Friends, well, a whole new world opens.

This is what it is all about.


Growing veggies = great,
Growing Gardeners = Outstanding!


Thank you for allowing us to share your note, Mary Cotillo!

*****



"I've been meaning to write (but never seem to find time) to share some of the stories about our garden.  We grew tomatoes, beans, sugar snap peas, radishes, broccoli,carrots, green peppers, basil, and rosemary.  My four year old son was a huge fan of the garden.  Any time we were in the car and turned as we would to get to King Street, he would ask if we could check on our "beanie friends."  (I worried that identifying the beans as friends would make him reluctant to eat them.  Not so!  He loved to pick and eat them straight from the plant.)  While my daughter would practice soccer, my son and I would visit our "beanie friends."  He loved returning to the soccer field munching on a carrot with the greens still attached - "like a bunny."  Both kids loved seeing the sprouts grow, and they really loved eating the final product.  At dinner the other night, my daughter (9) picked at her pork chop, my son wouldn't touch his mashed potato, but they both ate two servings of green beans!  


Thank you so much for this wonderful opportunity. " 


Sincerely,
Mary Cotillo

8th Grade Language Arts
Horace Mann Middle School

You are so very, very Welcome!

(ssshhh..........I hear beets make great friends, too.........see you all next spring!)








No comments:

Post a Comment