- Beginning Friday, February 1st, gardeners who maintained a raised bed at the King Street Memorial Community Garden may begin to renew for the 2013 season.
- In order to be considered for renewal, gardeners must have maintained their bed well during the previous season. If the bed was not maintained, the gardener was contacted by the committee and the bed revoked. Gardeners in good standing have already been contacted by the committee.
- Gardeners have until Saturday, March 30 to complete the renewal process and submit payment.
- Do not begin gardening until you have paid your 2013 lease.
- The season fee is $40 and is payable to The Town of Franklin. The application will be processed through the Franklin Recreation Department, 150 Emmons Street (Old Town Hall)
- There is no online registration for renewals. Gardeners must call Franklin Recreation at 508-520-4909 or visit during office hours.
- Garden beds not renewed by Saturday, March 30th will be assigned to the next person on the wait list.
- Gardeners may not reassign their plot to anyone else.
- There is already a wait list for 2013. The wait list be be reopened later this season. Currently we have more names than available gardens. When this happens, we will post news on our front page.
- Available gardens will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis (we follow a date/time stamped list from the signup at Franklin Rec) and assignments will begin Monday, March 4th pending available space at the garden.
- There is no fee to join the wait list; the $40 fee will only be charged when a garden is assigned.
If you have any questions, please contact the Franklin Community Garden Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org