Friday, September 10, 2010

Yes, It Does Appear That You Are Ready, Franklin. And Willing and Able.

Hi, This is Amy.
Let me tell you about our first meeting!

I got to the Y early to help set up and we set out a circle of chairs.  It was a big circle.
Then I worried that if we put out too many chairs and only a few folks showed up, well, it just might not feel right.  I put 1/2 of the chairs back by the wall. And then spent the evening happily providing more chairs.

Thank you, everyone. I knew you were out there!

Lauren is putting together the minutes and I'll post them soon.
I am working on a committee sign-up list.
Emails and calls are arriving asking when are we meeting again.
I've stirred up town offices, in a good way I hope,  by enquiring about a certain location for plots.  A meeting is in the works, I'll  know exactly when soon.
Jodi has offered to contact a landholder for permission to use a portion of his agricultural land so that we may jumpstart the community Giving Garden for the Franklin Food Panty.  That would be wonderful.
Offers of web development, grant writing, and more.
A wonderful email offering THREE compost bins just came in, Thank you, Danni! I'll be by Saturday!
Thank you, Chris and Michelle, for spreading the word and walking in the tall grass.
Thanks, Lauren, for getting the ball rolling.

Franklin, you rock.

(edited to add---I didn't post the minutes here.  If you were at the meeting, or contacted us with your email, they were sent to you.  When we get a website up we can post them there.  Are you reading this, Ramsey? Let's talk!)

No comments:

Post a Comment